This condition can affect the many systems of the anatomy. Symptoms include pain distributed throughout the muscles and joints, IBS, mental fatigue, mood swings, and many more associated symptoms.
Fibromyalgia can accompany other conditions like osteoarthritis, vertebral injuries, rheumatoid arthritis, bursitis, and other musculoskeletal ailments.
Pain is a significant factor regarding fibromyalgia. The pain tolerance can vary for different individuals. Typically it includes both muscular and nerve pains. The sensations felt can be sharp, shooting, burning, achy, and throbbing. One day can be one area of the body; the next, it can be the whole body. Therefore, fibromyalgia has an unpredictable nature.
Myotherapy as a treatment
Myotherapy can be a very gentle and rewarding treatment for clients with fibromyalgia. However, most physical treatments can be excruciating with practitioners with further higher education and learning regarding fibromyalgia.
On an important note, myotherapy treatments have no claim in curing fibromyalgia. Nevertheless, regular myotherapy treatment has an excellent solution in taming flares and keeping the pain from muscular and joints at bay and making daily activities much more pleasant.
- ● Myofascial Cupping can be effective in conjunction with the other methods (Lauche et al. 2016). Cupping encourages blood flow with the muscle fibres. Lifts of the muscle tissue from the cups create space. They are simultaneously pulling blood in the area.
- ● Myofascial Release effectively treats skeletal muscle immobility by providing contracting muscles with relaxation and stimulating the stretched muscle fibres (Castro-Sánchez et al., 2011).
- ● Mobilisation moves the joints in focused directions at different speeds to regain movement. The client will feel their muscles stretching through passive movements of the affected parts of the body or having the client themselves assisting moving against the myotherapist’s resistance improving muscle activation (Torres et al. 2015).
- ● Soft and Deep Tissue Therapy is a remedial massage on anabolic steroids. Instead, it has targeted clinical massage. Hands-on bodywork revolves around getting rid of painful episodes to reduce tension and stress in the body to upstart the healing process of the anatomy (Li et al., 2014).
- ● Dry Needling reduces myofascial trigger points and is designed to ease muscular pain. It may improve mobility and increase the range of motion of the muscle fibres (Castro-Sanchez et al., 2017).
● Therapeutic Exercises are designed physical activities and movements prescribed to restore function by improving strength and decreasing pain. Ther ex are received there is chronic pain or injury (Sosa-Reina et al. 2017).
The treatment methods are different for every client, and alternative routes will be taken during the process as some methods are more effective with clients than others. Sessions with fibromyalgia should be ideally every fortnightly, and ongoing maintenance is needed to see results. The initial consult takes longer with the history-taking; however, the treatments get longer after time as the client’s needs are known within after the two sessions.